Monday, March 8, 2010

Haven't started yet! tomorrow?

Welcome to my weight loss journal. I am starting an extra journal for myself and for anyone else who wants to read and join in. Emily (my co-worker) and I are starting our weight-loss journey... individually for our own reasons, but doing it together by keeping one another accountable (through this blog).



In the past I always gave myself the same excuses when it came to eating better and exercising frequently. Usually when I fail, I immediately discontinue the weight-loss journey and "start over" next week. Very cliche, but what I've learned is instead of starting over, pick up where you left off.


Losing weight comes from 80% of what you eat and 20% of being active (10% genes/10% exercising).
Some experts would slightly disagree with this percentage whether it's 30% being active or 10%...either way nutrition takes a HUGE responsible role to aid in losing weight.

If it was the other way around being 80% exercising and 20% nutrition...I say bullshit. That is basically saying that what you eat has little importance in losing weight. If that's the case, I would be the most fit donut queen around (glazed donuts please).



So I am starting tomorrow! because I ate cookies today and way too many (five) (see what I told you about making excuses?)

What are my goals?

- I am not going to focus too much on how much weight I lose, but go by how I look for the first  ~two weeks. By the end of the month I would like to see my progress with the scale, rather than weighing myself weekly.

- I need to take progress pictures with a bee-kee-nee.

- Ideally I would LOVE to lose 1.5-2lbs a week, then again...I want to gain lean muscle mass, which is why I don't want to primarily focus on the scale.

- eat clean! and strict.

- eat six meals a day/ every three hours (as you can see I won't starve myself!)

- drink lots of water (I had 60 oz of water so far today)

- exercise regularly. I will post exercises here when I can.


How am I going to start off?

Well I am going to start off with a nutrition plan from an MF magazine developed by the most sought out trainer Kim Oddo! this guy has trained the top most figure and fitness competitors in America, and most of them have won pro-cards, so many! So I trust his menu plan.

What will I eat?

I will be eating clean! what that means is that I will be eating food derived from its original source.... nature. Not something man-made...chemically.


One thing I need, is to be honest, if I ever mess up I will fess up.
One motto I thought of today was "If you buy it, you eat it." which is true because where does all the junk come from? you buying the junk and eating it! We pay $$$ to get to the weight we are

I went to target today to buy a cute insulated lunch tote, it's sooo cute! and I saw a box of Tim Tams which are sandwiched cookies dipped in chocolate. I took a box with me and continued to shop around, after thinking I thought to myself "If I buy this, then I will eat the whole thing! it will ruin everything I try to work for." So of course with that thought running through my head, I put those boxes away (sadly not where they belong, sorry Target people)


Tomorrow is official. I will update this throughout the day of what I eat. But I will give you a glimpse of what I had today.

Meal 1 @ 8:40am - 1/3 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with cinnamon and walden farms apple butter, 3/4 cups of egg whites with cinnamon and stevia, water, vitamin

Meal 2- sticky rice with 2 drum sticks and 2 1/2 cookies (horrible!)

Meal 3- three cookies! lots of water, some cabbage/happy cow cheese, some fish, and a flat-out 100 calorie bread. I was too full from eating cookies, and I wasn't feeling my lunch for some reason

[730-830pm yoga session] **btw someone farted (so glad it wasn't me!) and it was funny. I tried not to be immature about it. Thank God it wan't Addison! Good thing we cleared that up after yoga, because otherwise I would've assumed it was him. "That guy is a flapper." haha

Got gas (no pun intended) from AM/PM and tried to find someting to eat,but  failed.

edit **9:00pm - Grande soy steamer with 4 pumps of sugar free vanilla

** I haven't left yet, but I am going to get an IN-N-Out burger, saying my last final ode as we part ways. Good meal to leave off with I guess. I know shouldn't have it, but starting tomorrow, I will start this effen' diet!

Shit, and I have school from 8am-10pm. I hope I can do this....I CAN! Plus I bought the most cutest lunch tote that won't embarrass me at school. yes! score!



I will try to update this regulary, I have a feeling you won't get a post fom dinner.


Tonight I have a yoga session with Addison at 7:30 pm. I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers