Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day #2

It's day two! suprisingly I wasn't that hungry, and whenever I was I remained calm. Usually by the time hunger sets in, it would be an hour or so before my next meal.

Food Journal for 3/10/10:

8:30am- 1/3 oats cooked in water & four egg whites mixed with cinnamon and stevia.
 -20 oz water/ multi-vitamin

**11:30- Two rice cakes with 1 Tbsn Almond butter + 10 oz water mixed with 1.5 scoop of whey/stevia

**4:00pm- 1/2 cup of brown rice/ ~90g shrimp/ sauteed cabbage/roasted mushroom
paired with the side of happy cow light cheese and mango peach salsa.
(Lunch was late because I accidently fell asleep (one hour nap), funny because I was so hungry around 1pm)

**7:20pm- Tea and a tangerine (I was supposed to take 1 scoop of whey but I was still super full from kunch, it's 830 and now I am soooo starved.) I might just have dinner.

**8:50pm: (~115g of sauteed cabbage/ ~85g shrimp marinated with cayenne & bragg amino acids/ light happy cow cheese/ mango-peach salsa/ 100 calorie flat-out wrap)



Incase you are curious how my dinner looks like. The cabbage takes up so much volume and the mango-salsa makes it so yummy! and the cayenne pepper gives it heat. Its so savory, especially with the happy cow cheese.

Water intake so far: soon to be 80 100oz

I will be working out late tonight at the gym...I procrastinated majpr on studying. Leaving at 930pm. Maybe I will do cardio. If I feel up to it I will do legs.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Random thoughts:

This morning, I came to my moms house whist she was cooking. The immediate vision of me eating her meal sets in and I saw myself giving into temptation. I considered...well, maybe I shouldn't take this one month challenge so literally?

Maybe I should learn how to eat mindfully and continue to lose weight? Maybe I should give up because I want to eat grilled cheese!

In reasoning, I tried to avoid those thoughts that linger. It takes two weeks to build a habit right? hopefully in those next two weeks, temptation won't affect me as much as it did this morning. It's only day 2 and I am already thinking about failing.

Mostly, what I am afraid of is failure. It's normal and part of life to make mistakes, I have yet to meet someone who's never made a mistake in their life. That is impossible. So the thought of failing helped me get back on the right path.

SO, I need to take this one step at a time, and very slowly.
If I want results, I need to stick to a plan. And this plan that I have in my hands from the advice of someone else...is good. So I need to trust this thing.


** yesterday I was asked if I wanted to go to El Toritos, I declined and said my reasons "No, sorry, I am starting this new diet thing for a month." letting someone know about your goals will help keep you accountable! now my friend is making sure I stick to it.

I also bought the cutest lunch tote! something that I can bring to a restaurant or the mall (or maybe sneak into a movie theatre *wink) and still have my meals on time. I have another great cooler which is a Maxcold Backpack that can literally store a whole days worth of meals.

Here is my tote:



I LOVE IT!



This is the nutrition plan that I am following. ** I am not following this to a T. For instance for snack time, it calls for whey protein and a cup of starwberries...

Yesterday I had whey and an orange. I think as long as the carb to carb and protein to protein ratio is the same, I should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers